I’ve been following quite a few inspiring ladies, like Caroline from Unfancy, Lee from Style Bee, Andrea from Seasons+Salt, and Paige from Style This Life, who’ve decided to do a 10 items, 10 outfits, 10 days challenge starting today, Monday January 9th! I have really enjoyed crafting my travel capsules in the past (in which I chose a specific number of items and wore them for a variety of academic functions). I particularly like the challenge of styling the same items in different ways in a short time frame (read more about my 9×9 travel capsule and 10×10 travel capsule). Since I have been hemming and hawing over which items from my Winter Capsule to wear during my first week back on campus, I decided the 10×10 challenge would be a great way to break in my new Capsule.
How am I taking part in this challenge?
1. I am trying to embrace more black items. I had quite a few in my Fall Capsule that I didn’t wear enough (who wears black when they can wear burgundy?), so I’ve rolled them over to my Winter Capsule to get the most out of them, and thought that this 10×10 challenge would be a good place to work through this colour palette shift.
2. I will post my usual #ootd of the day on my instagram feed.
3. I will post short blog posts for each outfit explaining my styling choices as well as a debrief at the end of the 10 days.
4. I am going to bend the rules slightly and not include my 2 pairs of shoes in the 10 items.
5. I have chosen 2 style challenges to participate in each day in addition to the 10×10 challenge; in fact, this was how I choose my 10 items. I highlighted my favourite two style challenge prompts for each day (from my master list) and then wrote out a single item I would wear to complete that challenge. I looked through those 10 days worth of selected items, fiddled around a little and then made my selection.
So, what will I be wearing?
1. (Banana Republic)Black pleather detailed dress: Rollover from Fall Capsule
6. (Gap) White dress shirt with black star polka-dot pattern: Out of Storage
9. (Vero Moda) Black pleather circle skirt: Rollover from Fall Capsule
If you want to join in on the fun, simply go to your closet, choose 10 items and start flexing your creativity muscles by combining those items in different ways for 10 days! If you want a more structured plan, I would suggest you take a look at Style Bee’s 10×10 planning worksheet. Follow my outfits on Instagram #kalas10x10winter and share your outfits with the following hashtags: #WINTER10x10 #stylebee10x10 #blackonblack10x10